Friday 21 March 2014

My struggle with fear

Every morning I wake up, and I grab fear by the neck and throw it away.  
This is how my nerdy mind best represents this struggle every day:

(Shatner is my hero)
Anyhow, back to my story, I want to continue to #focus and #absorb the good in this adoption process, and wrestle out the bad.  At this point most of you all know our story and how it's been a long 4 years of waiting so let's stop looking back and continue to look forward.  Here are some inspirational stories of adoption which make me smile and look forward to our future!


Rebecca's story, an adoptee:

(watch Rebecca's video at this link it is excellent, as are the other stories on that page)
http://adoptionincanada.ca/testimonials/adoptee-stories


Carol’s Story, an adoptive mother:

“Jessica continues to grow on me. It is hard to imagine life without her anymore. Adopting Jessica has been the most significant, satisfying thing that I have ever done with my life.” 
“Being the independent, free spirited...person that I am, it has been so good for me to find my life wrapped inextricably with another’s. I don’t make decisions, dreams, and plans just for ME anymore. My responsibility to her and her future colours everything I do and think these days.”
“Her companionship and delightful little-girl personality repay me many times over for any sacrifices I might be making for her. I love hearing her dozens-a-day call of “Mother!” I love to listen to her animated chatter and notice how her growing mind works.”

Lauren and I are both very independent people, and we know that this new life is going to bring us closer together and focused on something that we've never experienced   - JB

Joelle’s Story:

And finally, read this story from Jessica, who is an adoptee in Ontario:







Continuing to search find inspiration and hope every day from pictures, videos, and stories like these.  Thank you to all who are positive people in our lives and bring us strength.  



- JB

No comments:

Post a Comment