Friday 14 February 2014

Expecting??


 Who knew a picture of expecting parents would be so popular. We have announced many stages of our Adoption on Facebook but never got the response as we did last night with one picture. We are not expecting in the traditional way but to us this is it. We have always felt like we should and need to act like we are expecting .
We have always acted like expecting parents, it is a different feeling not knowing when we are going to be parents but we have always done little things to keep our hope and faith strong, to keep us from loosing site of the day that will change our lives forever. We innocently thought that these shirts represented us and where we feel we are in the stage of Adoption. 

A lot of people who posted comments or liked the photo do not know us, do not know our story. The friends and family who saw the picture thought we were not telling them a huge announcement. First off we would never announce the big day to the ones closest to us on Facebook.  Second we feel bad that the picture sent a message that we did not want to send. 
We are going to be parents one day and we hope very soon. To us that is what the picture says.


With Adoption we may not tell anyone except close family and friends when we receive a child. As we may have to wait 10 days to make it official. The birth parents have 10 days to make sure that the decision they made is the right one for them. We as adoptive parents are very supportive of this. 
We will announce we have a baby with a baby in our arms.

 This journey has taught us so much about ourselves and the world, relationships and everyday life that moments of hope really keep us getting out of bed in the morning. Some days are hard to face, but knowing one day our child will soon be home brings us so much Joy.


We woke up with 163 likes and growing and many messages in my inbox. One message really touched me and Jason and we have asked if we could share it. 

Thought this was a little to vulnerable to post on your Mommy/Daddy t-shirt photo. Made me smile on what was turning out to be a shitty day. You inspire me to endeavor to be the best Mom I can. You inspire me to hold my kids more. you inspire me to play more and work less. You inspire me to love hard. YOU INSPIRE ME! Thank you for not being afraid to show your brokenness, your hope, your faith, your vulnerability. Now I am going to go and thank the Good Lord that tomorrow is a new day.
You will make some child's life beautiful!

Funny thing about life and people....things will always be perceived through their lens. Whether it's reality or not. Human nature is desperate for a happy ending. Stay true to your intentions and what is in your heart...those that love will remain, forgive and continue to dream alongside you until your dream comes to pass


Btw ...with the tshirt... I love your random acts of faith!!!
Or maybe I should say intentional acts of faith
-TK



I am very happy to hear that I inspire one person by sharing our story. This is why I share, because sometimes we lose sight of what is important. This is why I follow TK. she has 3 amazing children and shares her life on social media and one day I will be the Mother she is. By following her and many other Moms in my life, it gives me hope and puts my outlook of today into perspective as this to shall pass. 






No comments:

Post a Comment