Wednesday 19 February 2014

..::|| L E G O ||::..


With the recent release of the new LEGO Movie, it really brings me back to all the Lego that I had as a child.

When the little one gets old enough, I will be excited to introduce such important learning toys like Lego, which really helps develop Motor skills, developmental thinking, and problem solving, as well as basic Engineering, Math and Science skills.

My parents rarely bought me the independent Lego sets, probably because of the cost.  Instead, I had a lot of garage sale, or random Lego sets all combined.  Which actually helped a lot, because it forced me to use my imagination to create my own designs, buildings and ships.  Having that type of creativity is important, and not always conforming to the designs given to you.

I'm looking forward to the Lego movie because it looks funny, with great characters and clever dialogue.  But what I will always think about will be my little 5 year old self on the rumpus room floor, with hundreds of colorful Lego blocks around me.

Let's just hope I don't hog all the blocks from our kid  :)


JB

No comments:

Post a Comment