Friday 28 March 2014

A letter to my adoptive child



I want to be a Dad who is patient, helpful and strong,
To be by your side if things ever go wrong.
I'll be someone who guides you to do the right thing,
And helps you solve problems that life sometimes brings.

I want to be a Dad who is loving and kind,
And usually knows what's going on in your mind.
To be someone who listens and makes time to talk,
When things are bad I won't turn around and walk.

I'll be a strong shoulder when times are tough,
And still loves you dearly when I've had enough.
I'll help you and guide you through all that I can,
Wanting nothing more than to make you a strong woman or man.

You may not be of our flesh or even our bone,
But through the miracle of life you will soon be our own.
Your birth-mom has so much courage to give you to us,
She loves you so much she will put you in our trust.

We can't wait to meet you and your room is all done,
The dogs are waiting to play and for you to outrun.
Your Love has grown in our hearts for 5 years,
The family is waiting for you to appear.


You'll soon be my Buddy, and True Life Long Friend,
I will be there for you no matter what, till the end.


Love, Dad

No comments:

Post a Comment