Monday 17 March 2014

Letting go...

I wanted to share a post from my art blog with you all.

It has been a awhile coming but I was laid off of my job. Saying it sounds negative but I don’t look at it as a negative. The place where I was managing is small and wanted to eliminate the position I was in, not me. But I had lost my passion for the job. I started there 8yrs ago and started managing 4yrs and at the time was only going to be a couple of years at the most until I got pregnant. That plan was something out of my hands. With the adoption some where in the future our lives have become a waiting game and my soul was feeling it. My position was also waiting for the call. We all knew one day I would be gone so we planned for it. My replacement was fully ready to take over and no baby. My art has never been busier and my that is where my heart is. My employer has turned into an amazing friend and I am more then happy to pursue my art. It was a stressful job filled with ups and downs and a lot of pressure. I am on a week off and can see how letting go of that job is going to help me, my life and my art.

I owe a lot to that job. It got me here. A new house, a flourishing art career that I was able to build while working, and the funds to adopt my child. Those are just the big ones. It taught me patience, team work and how to find joy even when things are rough. I am grateful for the 8 years and it is going to be extremely hard to hand over the keys and say goodbye to something I helped create and was a part of.

Lauren

No comments:

Post a Comment