Monday 24 December 2012

Day 11.. 12 days of Adoption Christmas


Day 11...Twas the Night before Christmas...




When I was a kid, there was nothing more exciting than the days leading up to Christmas.  Opening the days in the advent calendar, eating the Christmas baking, watching the presents go under the tree... then shaking those presents, sniffing them, holding them up to the light.. it is an artform trying to figure out what they are (and I am pretty adept at it, I should teach courses).

There are so many little traditions that Lauren and I are creating for our own Christmas, that I know will create lots of excitement for our kid(s) when they eventually come to us.  I can hardly wait to share Christmas time with our little one.

*but* the only thing the poor kid is going to have to suffer through... is not opening gifts on Christmas Eve.  The Burns family we always opened all our gifts after dinner together as a family, and then got our stocking the next morning.  But the Cowles wait until Christmas morning to open gifts.. I have to wait until the morning?  How do I contain my excitement!?  Boy those dogs of ours will probably be up PRETTY early tomorrow morning, because they will be too excited to sleep to open up their stockings and get their squeaky toys and denti-sticks!  Guess I'll have to get up with them    ^_^

 Here's hoping next year we can add a little stocking to our four that are already hanging in the living room...


- Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment