Thursday 11 October 2012

Adding a Burden

addingaburden.com is another Blog I follow. They are doing an international adoption. It is the exact opposite of us. We are waiting for a baby, and in international, babies are waiting for parents. There is no right answer or which way is better. In the end you wait the same amount to welcome baby home. With IA(international Adoption) You are matched and spend 18-24 months visiting and dealing with courts from other countries. While you must travel to the country to medicals and court appearances you get to visit your child. Which I feel would be extremely difficult to leave once the trip is over. It is on average you visit and leave your child 2-3 times before you actually bring your baby home. Heartbreaking.

Why did we not choose to adopt a child waiting for parents? Simple reason but a reason I hate to answer. MONEY It costs anywhere from 30,000 + to adopt a child internationally. If I could go back to when I was 20 and know what lied ahead for me I would have saved money to adopt many children. I know none of you expect a explanation on why we choose domestic but it ways on me. But it came down to simply what we could afford. Kids are expensive. But to get a kid is free to most people and think of finances later.

We have had to think of finances now just to be able to welcome a baby into our home. We are fine with this and really what is a better way to spend your money on. No trip. or bigger house will feel better then holding my baby for the first time.

addingaburden are in Russia now and just saw there little boy. It is so inspiring to see how happy they are and how much they love their child. Thank you for sharing your story.




No comments:

Post a Comment