Tuesday 24 July 2012

Expecting?????

So everyone is pregnant! I see women at work, out shopping and know they are expecting. There is all this excitement because we can physically see they are pregnant and we get to congratulate them, touch their bellies and ask really intrusive questions. Well I am also expecting and I want people to know. I want the attention from complete strangers about how big I am, ok maybe not..I want to talk about becoming a mother,I want to talk about which crib to buy or what stroller is best, what formula is bad, what bottles to use, which are the best cloth diapers but I don't have a huge bump sticking out of my abdomen so women usually look me over. Yes, your right I could speak up and just join the conversation and spill the beans that I am too expecting, through adoption, but I have yet to work up to that. There are a lot of things I will never experience as a woman, but all I want is people to treat me like I am a expecting mom, a mom who is nervous and wants to know what the best is for her baby, to share what I should know stories. But I do know that the only way I can be apart of all of it is to start the conversation myself, walk into that baby store and ask questions. I will do it. Yes I will.

2 comments:

  1. Tyson: Are you crying?
    Me: Yes, I am.

    I just never thought about it this way. Beautiful entry Lauren. Let's get started then!

    Little G Diapers have my stamp of approval. Can buy online or find a store in town. They never leaked once!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Nikki, I will check them out, there are so many cloth diaper brands all seem good but recommendation is always best. Maybe by the time I need them I can just buy them off you when Freya no longer needs them.

    ReplyDelete