Thursday 30 January 2014

Phone Staring Contest... YOU WIN!


There it is... the phone.

When it rings, I look over...  anticipating.

When it's a number I'm not familiar with...  I jump out of my skin for a few seconds.

When I answer and it's a wrong number, or it's someone trying to sell me a product, my heart sinks into my throat.


I think if I stare at it long enough, it might actually ring and be the call we've been waiting for in this incredibly long process.  (My Jedi Mind tricks don't work it seems)

But in the years of waiting for the adoption to go to the next step, we're doing what we can to keep ourselves busy and prepare more for the baby.  Today we went to Toys-R-Us and picked out items in our new baby registry.  It was really fun picking out lots of items for the little one!  (I especially liked poking and playing with all of the toys)  Going back in a way to when we started this process is making it easier to cope and making the days more positive.  Waiting is hard, but our patience we know will soon manifest itself into a pretty amazing type of life which we are both wishing for.

Spending more time envisioning this life is important, so that we can bring it forward and make it a reality!

So I am again going to start doing more forward thinking about the new baby, and do what I can to "turn the page" on my phone-staring contest because it's not good for me anymore.  Need to start living more in the future and see the happiness before us.  

Well there you go phone!
This starting contest has been going on for over a year now. 
You WIN 

I have better things to do.


JB

No comments:

Post a Comment