Saturday 6 April 2013

Change

The past couple of years I have chosen a word of the year. This word describes challenges, inspirations and even motivation. This year my word is ENOUGH but lately I have realised I have another word. A word for Jason and I. CHANGE. It definitely describes where we are and where we are going. I feel we are in a holding pattern but everyday we keep changing. Which is a weird way to describe it but that is what we have.
We are the lucky ones that get to wait for our baby, we have been given time to consider what we want to be as parents, who we will be as Mom and Dad. How will I raise my child to be a good human being. That answer was easy, How I will do that is be one myself. My parents, along with Jason's gave us the basics, morals and values that still to this day I hold close and follow in my daily life. But with this time I have gone far beyond those basics.
I have also learned life can be taken from you very quickly. That devastation hurts and will continue to hurt forever. Disease and sickness is very apparent in our society and has become some what the norm when I look around. Given the time to wait we made the decision ENOUGH is ENOUGH, Janaury 8th we took the plunge. We threw out all processed foods, wheat and POP. We have made this promise to our child that we will be healthy and happier by CHANGING our way of life. Almost 3 months later Jason has lost a significant amount of weight and I have gained muscle and lost inches. With removing foods that cause disease and sickness we feel clearer, have more energy and happy about ourselves. Although we are still learning and battling old habits we have CHANGED for good. No going back.
Along this journey I have discovered what inspiration and motivation can really do for me. I have come to rely on both to get me to my fitness class everyday, to get me out of bed and wait for that phone call, to get my butt to work with a smile on my face, and to realise that everyday will turn out how you want it too. I can really see this change in me in my artwork. My art has never been so inspiring and it is because it comes from a true place in my soul. I am inspiring others along my journey to stay above the water.

With all this I am becoming a better person, friend, boss, daughter, Aunt, and one day Mother.

1 comment: