Monday 17 September 2012

How incredible people touch & shape our lives



I have been so fortunate over the past five years to find myself by meeting the girl of my dreams, but just as lucky was I to meet her family.  Over this time, I have learned more about myself, grown as an individual, and gotten more confidence & love because of Lauren and her family.  

From Cowles to Thomsons, Waddells to Kuzmanovichs, everyone has become an important person in my life now, that I am so thankful for.  One person in particular was Dick Thomson.  I will never forget meeting him and Sandy for the first time as just a guy looking to marry their Niece.  Nerves were running high with me because meeting prospective new family members can be scary and intimidating, but what I got from both Dick & Sandy were handshakes and hugs, as if they had already known me for years.  They instantly made me feel a part of the family, and help illustrate the love and caring that helped make me know the family I was marrying into was so special and I'm so proud to be a part of it.

Throughout this past year, Lauren and I have had our own personal struggles, and battling hard to get on the adoption list.  The support we have gotten from family has been incredible, and one of our biggest supporters was the person going through the toughest battle of all, Uncle Dick.  When we saw him at any time this year, he always wanted to know how we were, and how the adoption process was going.  His courage and strength in what he was going through, made Lauren and I both put an amazing perspective on life.  Even when Dick was in pain, he always cared about others and how they were doing.

The incredible courage & fortitude that I have seen in this entire family has made me even more inspired to have our own child and have them be part of it.  With the love support of people like Dick and Sandy, this adoption process has been easier on us, and finding out that we have been accepted (on the adoption list) I feel is because of their support.

There are some incredible people that we meet that touch and shape our lives, and I know that Dick Thomson for me has been one of those people. I will always remember him, as he will keep a close place in my heart.  He is one person who has helped me be a better man, and will make me a better father.  We all love you and miss you.


- Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment