Tuesday 6 May 2014

It is just the beginning

It's been a big month of transition for both Lauren and I, and it's kept us so busy that we now want to pour more energy into our adoption blog.  Being so busy and focused on other things are good in this process, because we are living our lives, and not sitting at home staring at an empty crib!  But every time I see a baby staring back at me, I think of the little one that is going to make his/her way into our lives.

Since it's been so long since we've started this blog, and the process has been drawn out, I wanted to right now go full circle as to where this all started.

It goes back to the Summer of 2007.  I was standing in line at the local Starbucks, stepping out of my comfort zone, standing in line to get a coffee.  Now I am a simple man, with simple tastes, so ordering something from Starbucks was pretty intimidating for me.  When I got my chance to step up to the girl behind the counter, she asked what I wanted....


...and I simply didn't know!  I just want a coffee, so what do I order?  Why are there so many choices?  They put pumpkin in coffee?  Vente??  What is a Frappuccino??

Well the person standing directly behind me in line was a more than experienced specialty coffee drinker, so she had no problem stepping in and letting me know that I should just order a medium roast blend, and save some room for cream and sugar.  I was embarrassed, but happy that she helped me out, that I decided to buy her coffee for her when it came her turn.  After a quick chat waiting for her coffee, something struck a chord with me that I felt like I had known this person my whole life.

That's when I met Lauren Cowles.

My life was changed forever.. and I don't mean just the ability to enjoy proper coffee!

This process has been extremely long, and tasking... but both Lauren and I know that it has made us stronger people and will make us even better parents.

It was just a week or so ago that we talked about if we had started a family as we planned, how different things would be.  We may not have met the most amazing friends that we did, be in this house that we love, or have the new opportunities in both our lives. The adoption is going to happen just at the right time.


So now we are just feeling that the time could be very soon, but that it is also is going to be just right.  We are so looking forward to the next step, getting the call, meeting the birth-mom, finding out just what is going to happen.  The excitement is building!

Thank you to all who follow our adoption story.  It is just beginning.


This Mother's Day will be hard for you Lauren.  But know that you will be the most amazing Mom, and I wouldn't want anyone else to be a parent with.  ❤


- Jason

No comments:

Post a Comment