Sunday 12 May 2013

This one is tough!!!

This feeling I have today I know is temporary but it doesn't mean that the emotions I have are less valid.
I am a "someday" Mommy, one day I will get that call, I will become an instant Mom. Because I do not know when that will come does that mean women who are adopting are not mothers at all. Does it mean that because you cannot see a child, a date of expecting that my experience raising your kids is not worth a day of celebration.

My feelings are mixed. I have women in my life that inspire me to stay strong and it will be worth it, I have other women that should be supportive of me and have abandoned me altogether. The women in my life that inspire me to be the best mother in the world know who they are, they are there day to day, week to week, phone call to email. The ones that don't are not reading this. They don't call, they don't ask questions, they show no support in my journey altogether. I am sadden by this. 

We should celebrate Mom's, Aunts, Sisters, Friends, who have children, who have said goodbye to children, who are expecting, Mother's and children who find this day painful, the Someday Moms and the women that are in your child's life. We should be celebrating Women who make a difference in children's lives, no matter who they are. Even Single Dads.

Women of infertility know what I am talking about, the emptiness in your soul that sits and waits, and is still waiting. The unknown is there everyday and is very present on this day. Where everyone has overlooked you because you are not a Mom. That feels like a knife in the heart. I am aware I do not have a child. I feel it everyday I wake up, every time I look at my phone to see if the CALL came, and every night I got to bed my heart still aches. I am aware. 

I do not want pity messages from this blog, I want who ever is reading this to take a look at who in their life did they miss to thank, not just today but everyday. 

Lauren







No comments:

Post a Comment